Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sunset on the hill

Last week the mushrooms came out in full bloom on a few stumps, creating the perfect opportunity for some photos as the sun was setting. I worked my way around the groupings, finding new and interesting compositions everywhere. This shot is my favorite of all, it just stood out and reminded me of a nice landscape. I’ve been striving to make photos recently, as opposed to just taking photos. This was a topic of discussion in a recent photo workshop I watched online. It takes effort to stray from the simple snap, click and done method. Reminds me of my younger days in the darkroom for all hours of the night. In this case I darkened certain areas and also only sharpened the main subjects. For the past 2 years I have returned to working in the black and white process, it has always called out to me with it’s contrast as well as its elegance.


No comments:

Post a Comment